CoinForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > US Coins & Paper Money > US Coin Main Forums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mistake to sell? (SEALED 1st Strke 20th ASE, Oct11
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mistake to sell? (SEALED 1st Strke 20th ASE, Oct11

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahaimsky3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mistake to sell? (SEALED 1st Strke 20th ASE, Oct11
    Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 6:55pm

Hello everyone, I have a few boxes of very rare Sealed 20th Anniversary Silver sets, where all three coins qualify for 1st strike. I really need the money right now, so I decided to sell 2 and keep 2 for myself (to submit to PCGS when I have $750 in fees), but seeing how low the bids are so far I'm wondering if I made a mistake. Dead

I'll appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this. Thanks! Confused

Edited by laxmaster92 - 01 Sep 2007 at 1:56am
Sponsored Links

just carl View Drop Down
Coin Expert
Coin Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote just carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 1:23am
WOW. I'm amazed that you already received such high bids. Haven't you seen all the posts on that term of fist strikes? Lots and lots of complaints about that. You are doing OK if what I seen is the actual bids.
just carl
laxmaster92 View Drop Down
CoinForum Guru (Moderator)
CoinForum Guru (Moderator)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laxmaster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 1:57am
Please dont come on here just to promote your auctions. I deleted the link.
HOLLYWOOD View Drop Down
Master at Coins
Master at Coins

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLYWOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 8:30am
ahaimski3  pcgs wont grade them in 1st strike because you didnt meet the deadline of 11-11-2006 
HOLLYWOOD
ahaimsky3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahaimsky3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 2:50pm
If you go to http://www.pcgs.com/customer_service_update.chtml then you will see that as long as the box is sealed and dated before Oct 24, it DOES qualify for 1st strike (11-11-06 would only qualify 2 of the coins). After reading this, please let me know if I am missing something or if you were just incorrect. Thanks.
ahaimsky3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahaimsky3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 2:54pm
Oh, and that's fine you deleted the link, but please don't accuse me of something that I never did. My intention was never to just advertise my auction, but to ask a specific question (which you happened to delete as well). I guess I shouldn't waste time repeating it since you'll probably just erase it and attack me again, but just in case, my question was: is there an established market value for this item (specifically an early date sealed box) or not? I have yet to see one on Ebay that qualifies for 1st strike.
silverhawk View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 10:45pm
Remember your value jumps up in the last minutes of the auction. So hopefully you do well.

I think your question is useful for our members to see answers to...
HOLLYWOOD View Drop Down
Master at Coins
Master at Coins

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLYWOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 11:37pm
my understanding is that you had to of sent them in to pcgs and the post mark on the stamp had to be befor 11-11-06 ,if you send them to pcgs now they wont give you first strick try it and then you will know,its not the post date from the mint that matters ,were talking about pcgs on the link that you sent good luck.
HOLLYWOOD
HOLLYWOOD View Drop Down
Master at Coins
Master at Coins

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLYWOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2007 at 11:48pm
call pcgs on tuesday 9-4-07 and find out if its the mint date  of oct 24-06 or its the date of pcgs rules there # (800) 447-8848.
HOLLYWOOD
griv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2007 at 2:56am
PCGS will allow boxes that are dated and sealed to be graded as First Strike. This is the same for earlier dates as well such as the 1994, 95 and so on. Grading the sets now might even give you 2 70s and a 69 which would go for $1,500 and up for the 3. At 69 you might get 500-600. There is a FS 06-W MS70 for 13K but that is absolutely insane for pop 10+ eagle. IMHO. Oh, and hi everyone. :)
HOLLYWOOD View Drop Down
Master at Coins
Master at Coins

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLYWOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2007 at 6:40am

griv In order for you to get a first strike or early release designation you had to of sent them in ,within 30 days of release,from the u.s. mint to the grader,check this out www.ngccoin.com/service/earlyrelease.asp  Im a realist,confirm it,now

HOLLYWOOD
griv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2007 at 7:31am
Originally posted by HOLLYWOOD HOLLYWOOD wrote:

griv In order for you to get a first strike or early release designation you had to of sent them in ,within 30 days of release,from the u.s. mint to the grader,check this out www.ngccoin.com/service/earlyrelease.asp  Im a realist,confirm it,now

That is not correct for PCGS and PCGS has the FIRST STRIKE trademark whereas NGC uses the Early Release TM. As long as the box is dated before a certain date and is unopened it will count as a First Strike. You must request it and pay extra per coin but it will be graded as a First Strike. I personally have done this many times. This is why there are early date PCGS First Strikes of which I own one of each date myself. As for NGC, they are simply not in the same league as PCGS and I stopped owning them years ago. :)
HOLLYWOOD View Drop Down
Master at Coins
Master at Coins

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLYWOOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2007 at 9:09am
griv Well if youve done this befor then i guess its true,it sounded a littel confusing to me thanks for the info.
HOLLYWOOD
griv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2007 at 9:56am
I certainly admit that the PCGS rules on these various Mint offerings are confusing and I have had my share of mistakes which is why I know. Between the Mint and PCGS I am never at a loss for confusion. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic